Monday 21 May 2018

Aurora Wings Challenge - 21 May 2018


Hello everyone, I am super excited to have been asked to be a Guest Designer for the Aurora Wings Challenge 67.  I love all of Mitzi's images and really looked forward to creating something a bit special for this challenge, you can find the link here
https://aurorawingschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/05/challenge-67-joyous-occasions.html

Card recipe: 

White card blank
Milk cardstock
White super smooth cardstock
Sheena Douglass embossing folder
Spellbinders Labels 8 die
Nuvo Glitter drops
Sentiments from crafty stash
Aurora Wings Wedding Couple image

Copics used:

Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E21, R20, R02, EO4
Bride's Hair:  E53, E51, E50
Groom's Hair:  E33, E31, E41
Bride's Outfit:  C1, C0, Blender pen
Groom's Outfit:  C5, C3, C1
Flowers: Y11, G40, YG97, YG93

I also used a Spectrum Noir Glitter pen for highlights.

Firstly, I printed the image onto some white super smooth cardstock and coloured it.

Next, I placed the die in the centre of a piece of milk cardstock measuring 7.5 inches by 6 inches and ran it through the Gemini, then after removing the die I ran it through the embossing folder.

I added some foam tape to the back of this and placed it over my image before attaching the whole topper to my card base.

The finishing touches were to add the two sentiments top and bottom and then the Nuvo Glitter drops all around the edge.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my project created for Aurora Wings.  Feedback is always very much appreciated and I would love you to follow my blog.

I am entering this into the following:

https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/







6 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Wendy! Love your coloring and the embossed mat frames the image perfectly. What an elegant CAS design. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for Ch. 67, Wendy, with this gorgeous wedding card for inspiration! I love the white-on-white elegance on this card. It's classic and clean, and it showcases your beautiful coloring perfectly. You've been wonderful to work with! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitzi, it was my pleasure and thank you once again for inviting me to be guest designer for this challenge xxx

      Delete
  3. Just absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

     

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx