Monday 28 April 2014

Paint Brush Holder

This is the result of my make using the Sheena Douglass faux leather technique



The actual holder is an empty coffee box.

I used a leaf embossing folder which I then coloured with Adirondack raisin and expresso, Tim Holtz fired  brick, and black soot distressed inks.  I didn't have any bindex (which I saw Sheena use) so I used Maimeri Glassy Gel which I have had in my crafty stash for a long time.  I had no idea what the end result would be, but thought its only a piece of card at the end of the day!  I can't remember why I bought this, or what it should be used for.  If anyone has any ideas perhaps you would let me know.

I finished by spraying with CC Spray & Shine.

I  must admit I did not expect the finished design to turn white when it dried, however, I added some H2o's as highlights on some of the white leaves and was quite pleased with the end result.

I decorated with a Simply Be digi image which I coloured using Promarkers and Micron pens.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx